Shipbuilding Atlantic Platform
In order to promoting and revitalising business innovation with the fundamental objective, amongst others, to improve the provision of services and the development of Innovation and R+D projects in the naval ancillary sector, AUXNAVALIA provides the sector with a European cooperation instrument in the form of a “Platform”, with no legal status, and with the following main purposes:
- Contribute to promoting the members’ activities, particularly those whose objective is to promote and revitalise the naval sector.
- Defend its members’ legitimate rights.
- Represent the members before any public or private institution related to its corporate object.
- Provide support for all of the members’ initiatives in areas related to its purposes.
- Ensure the correct spirit of solidarity and mutual support between the members.
- Develop and promote innovation and R+D through cooperation projects between the members.
- Promote the development of joint initiatives which support the internationalization of the ancillary naval sector.
- Motivate the improvement of the members’ professional competences.
- Participate in the initiatives of and collaborate with the European bodies and of the member countries, with responsibilities in the sector.
- Promote, within the scope of the ancillary naval industry, the business concentration processes, developing the necessary initiatives together with the interested companies.
- Identify and promote the use of the instruments applicable to the financing of the sector.
- Develop the cooperation between the industry and the technological centres and the educational establishments, in the management of the development of specific lines of technological and other research, due to the process supported by the companies included in the naval sector, in particular in the ancillary naval industry.
- Promote the training of professionals with skills to boost the innovation and research activity and the sector development.
- Develop the technological monitoring service which allows for the identification of innovate features applicable to the sector.
- Create, extend and encourage a transnational network to increase competition in the sector.
- Identify the international business opportunities and encourage the sector companies to compete in these markets.
- Promote amongst the Group’s members cooperation mechanisms and transnational initiatives organising amongst others a dissemination forum, ideas debate and exchange of experiences.
- Create and cooperate in the updating of a permanent remote communication system between the members.
- Promote and contribute in order to develop the technical, quality and other regulations and standards, as a result of the eventual improvements and technological productions applicable to the sector, shared amongst the members.
The Platform will also lack its own assets, personnel and revenue, and will be jointly finance by the activities performed by each member with its own funds, with the members incurring the same expenses.
Ensuring the correct functioning of the Grouping, it shall be provided with internal collegiate decision-making bodies; the Management Board and the General Assembly.
The Platform is open to the incorporation of new members. Interested organisations in getting involved, or in considering this possibility, can contact the organisation through the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org